Monday, September 23, 2013

the cat's out of the bag - we're adopting!

The cat's out of the bag so to speak, and Jordy and I are planning an adoption! It's one long and scary process that's for sure, so although I am excited I'm also really working on trying to keep my emotions in check. Adoption is not like being pregnant, although both involve waiting and anticipation, our 'paper pregnancy' will take a whole lot longer than 9 months (I'm not saying that physically bearing a child is easier than this, I'm just trying to say that I am restraining myself from decorating the baby's room this weekend!). We are in the stage of finalizing everything we will accept in a child which is incredibly stressful. How do you say yes or no to an illness a child may have? It's heartbreaking.
So after this is finalized than we will wait to be released by the ministry for our home study and PRIDE training and then we go on the wait list again for a referral. It could be 2 years or it could be 10 years we have no idea. We could really use and would appreciate your prayers at this time; pray that we would be patient as we wait for a child and will use our time wisely before we become parents, pray for our future child that their transition would be smooth and we will form a secure attachment to one another, pray for the birth family, for peace and healing no matter what their situation is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for leaving me a little note! i appreciate each and every comment :)